Dr. Alan Nazha
B Med FANZCA FIPP FFPMANZCA
Dr Alan Nazha is a dual qualified Anaesthetist and Specialist Pain Physician with expertise in minimally invasive pain therapies and is qualified with a Fellowship in Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP). He is cofounder of Sydney Pain Specialists and has private hospital appointments at The Sydney Adventist Hospital, Norwest Private Hospital, The Northern Beaches Hospital and The Mater Hospital. Dr Nazha is also a Visiting Medical Officer with public appointments at Hornsby Hospital and the new Northern Beaches Hospitals.
Dr Nazha completed his anaesthetic training and fellowship at Royal North Shore Hospital in 2011 (FANZCA qualification). He went onto further subspecialty training in Pain Medicine at The Royal North Shore Hospital, Concord Hospital and Hunter Pain Clinic. Dr Nazha was awarded a merit in his pain medicine fellowship examinations (FFPMANZCA) and went on to subspecialise further with a Fellowship in Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP).
Areas of expertise include:
- Spinal Pain
- Neuropathic pain
- CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Persistent Post-Surgical & Post Trauma pain
- Minimally Invasive Interventional Pain Therapies
- Neuromodulation including spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulation
- Head of Pain Services, Hornsby Hospital
- Chair of Medical Staff Council, Hornsby Hospital
- Deputy Head of Department, Anaesthesia and Pain Management, Norwest Private Hospital
- Pain Liaison to Anaesthetic Executive Committee, Norwest Private Hospital
- State Committee Representative, NSW Faculty of Pain Medicine ANZCA
Teaching & Research:
Dr Nazha's teaching appointments include Sydney University SAH Clinical School as well as with The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons as an appointed EMST (Emergency Management of Severe Trauma) instructor and examiner since 2011.
Dr Nazha is actively involved with pain research, publication and is a subclinical investigator with Genesis Research Services. He was a sub clinical investigator in the 2016 Phase 3 Multicentre RCT for the study of the analgesic efficacy and safety for the subcutaneous administration of Tanezumab in subjects with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee.
Suite 220 Level 2 Clark Tower
185 Fox Valley Road
10 Norbrik Drive,
Bella Vista NSW 2153
Suite 107, 3 Railway Parade
Burwood NSW 2134